Heidrich’s Colorado Tree Farm Nursery (HCTFN) is both a wholesale and retail nursery. We’re a Nursery Family that is excited to grow with our community by creating a remarkable experience and providing beautiful resilient plants produced for our unique environment. Plants can’t originate from just any climate as they tend to thrive best when grown in similar environments. We have spent decades searching and finding the best plants and growers in the industry.
Our wholesale division has grown! Be sure to utilize the Wholesale entrance when visiting the nursery. That was designed and built to provide extra room for trucks and trailers. We also have a Greenhouse that we specifically built to house your call ahead shrub and perennial orders. You will also find some of the more common sizes of the most popular trees in rows 93-105 that make for quick tagging and loading. Customers are loaded on a first come, first serve basis. Be sure to keep an eye on future growth for our wholesale division. We have purchased 16 acres of land roughly 9.5 miles east of our current location. This will eventually allow us to expand our wholesale portion of our nursery in many ways. Our website and phone recording will have the current wholesale hours. We will also be offering an earlier opening time at 7:30am during the busiest part of the season.
Wholesale Customer Qualifications
Certifies that the nursery stock being purchased is being used in a horticultural business or for consumption by a federal, state, or municipal agency. This includes landscape contractors, city and government agencies, home builders, churches, schools etc.
Invoices must be paid in full before the stock leaves the nursery. We accept cash, check, or credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, & American Express). Credit accounts may be obtained through the completion of a credit application but must be approved before use. An established relationship on COD basis is required before credit is issued. Credit accounts can not be paid with a credit card.
Tagging/Holding/Ordering Nursery Stock
- Nursery stock can be tagged and held for up to 14 days. Due to the risk of weather such as hail, frost, high winds, etc. we prefer to not hold items longer than necessary. If you need it held longer, please discuss this with your salesperson.
- You can email or call-in orders which can be tagged and pulled for you. Otherwise we can assist whether you are on property with your customer or your customer has come in to personally choose their materials. Let us know what would work best for you. For orders being picked up the same day please allow a minimum of 2 hours so we have time to pull and get it ready. For orders being placed for pick up the next morning please have those orders placed 2 hours before our Wholesale (not retail) division closes. The team members who are responsible for pulling those orders have different schedules than those who work with retail customers.
- All orders will require a job name (PO, customer name, or address) to ensure organization and so we can contact you with any questions. All orders will require a jobsite address. Even if they are being picked up at the nursery.
- If you will be sending in members of your team to pick up orders that have previously been placed, please make sure they know the job name or PO. This will speed up the loading process, ensure they get the right plants for the right project, and that they don’t sit here and wait for us to get ahold of you to figure out what they need.
- We try to operate as efficiently as possible and have found the stock looks better when it is frequently rotated. This means we don’t keep acres of material sitting at our location. We work hand in hand with our custom growers to get the highest quality plants when you need them.
- To ensure you have the very best service we ask you place orders for plant material at least a week before you need them. In some cases, special orders will require payment in advance. This will be discussed at the time of order or during the bidding process.
Allow flexibility in your plant lists for quantities and varieties when bidding jobs as prices, availability, and materials fluctuate based on current market conditions. It’s getting better but has been common since early 2020.
When we get Stock
Frequency of deliveries (to us) is based on how busy we are, current season, and holidays. It has proven difficult to ship plants in weeks that have national holidays and can affect our ability to get trucks, especially if the stock is coming from out of state. This would include the weeks of Labor Day, 4th of July, and Memorial Day. If you are ordering plants you need for any of those weeks try to order a week in advance to reduce any chance of not having material. Remember, rather than having acres and acres of inventory guessing what you need, we try to rotate inventory keeping it looking in tip top shape by ordering what you need when you need it. It keeps the plants looking better, lets us be efficient, and ensures we have what you need when you need it.
Delivery & Planting
This is offered through planting companies that are independent contractors. Prices can be found on our website. We train their crews to plant to our specifications and schedule the job for them. The planting company will pick up your material and deliver or plant it at your job site. You pay the planting and delivery company directly at the time of service. They accept cash, check, or credit card. For larger orders we can get quotes from local freight companies for deliveries.
All returned materials must be approved by a manager or supervisor and a 10% re-stocking fee will be applied. Plants returned in any condition less than when it left the nursery may not be returned and will be billed at full list price less your discount.
All stock is guaranteed to be true to name and variety under which it is sold. If any stock proves otherwise, we will be responsible for the original purchase price only. Materials purchased wholesale will have no warranty and are not eligible for a replacement. No other warranty is expressed or implied.
We offer volume discounts off our Wholesale List-Price based on your highest years (Jan 1st – Dec 31st) total. If at any time, you become delinquent in payment, all outstanding balances will be billed at list price. You will remain at that discount level even if you fall below that volume and a later year. Field direct orders will be bid with all discounts included in the unit price.
|Sales Volume||Discount Level|
Once set up as a wholesale customer, you will have access to our wholesale pricing on our website. Please contact us to get the log-in info.